Labels

Thursday, February 2, 2012

No saying "NO!" No-Bake Cookies


Doesn't it stink to not be able to eat mouth fulls of yummy cookie dough with raw eggs in the batter?? As I became an adult I assumed the sting of being told "no" would lessen and I would have more common sense and understand all those times my mom said "No!".... Well, I DONT! I still want to eat the batter regardless of the dangers of raw eggs! I confidently and perhaps defiantly always assume that the finger full I eat has no raw eggs in that exact portion and there for its ok. Oh and since I have become more organic is all my cooking I again assume that my free range eggs are even safer! :)
BUT when it comes to my daughter asking me if she can "taste test" everything we cook together, I find myself turning into Mom-mode and saying exactly what my mom said all those years ago.... "No, wait until its baked!" Uhhhh part of my insides is pitching a temper tantrum for her and myself.... 

Since I need to be wise and be an adult about these things I guess common sense will have the upper hand unless my raw egg defiant side makes an appareance, until then I will keep saying no to eating the batter of the raw egg recipes. :(

Thank heavens for recipes like this where I can say YES to Bellas every question of "can I taste it"!
Chocolate No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar (I did 3/4 C of brown sugar)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal or 3 cups coconut flakes
INSTRUCTIONS
Mix butter, sugar, water and cocoa together; bring to a boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, oatmeal or coconut. Drop on wax paper and let harden.
 
Bella dished them all out on the counter to harden. And....
YES I said she could lick her fingers after, and maybe it turned into licking the bowl as well!
IM A FUN MOM! :)

 YES!

YES!!
 
WELL DONE BELLA!!!!! Yes you can eat the batter!!!!!!!

1 comment:

emily grace said...

The batter is the best part! I have a couple of vegan cookie recipes that take all of the danger out of eating the batter - but you still get the satisfaction of warm cookies and milk at the end as well! And I promise you, not even the pickiest cookie aficionado will know they are vegan! ;) I'll send them to you if you'd like. :)