Labels

Thursday, August 4, 2011

oh hey, im still here!!

I realize it has been MONTHS since I last blogged. Sorry about that! Our biggest bit of news is......we are expecting out 2nd child!!!!!!! Im 20 weeks pregnant, feeling great and looking forward to this new bundle of love to add to our family. Big sister Bella is THRILLED on a daily basis. Having a 2nd child and going through this process is something that I knew would be familiar physically but didnt realize the joy and delight of seeing this whole process through the eyes of my 4 year old daughter. This has been the best part and I know the wonder and awe of a little sibling will continue to grow in Bella as my stomach grows (Im still barely showing, mile long torso), when she feels the first kick, the 1st hiccups, and eventually the snuggles of the real baby when it arrives before Christmas. It has been so exciting, full of laughter, discovery, closeness and, as Bella calls them, "happy tears"!
We've had to get creative answering the questions that Bella asks... my favorite one so far was very early on in the pregnancy: "How did the baby get in your tummy?" We tried to suppress laughter bc its a very valid question for her practical 4 year old mind, I simply answered "God put it there" to which she very confidently replied "oh ya, ok cool!"

Also recently we went to New York City with my parents and 4 of my siblings. (My husband wasnt able to come bc of work, we missed him!) It was a blast! Bella went for the 1st time 2 years ago and couldnt wait to go back to the M&M store, American Girl Doll store and Toys R Us. I have been so many times and moved there for a summer after high school, huge life affirming and life changing summer for sure, having never done anything like that in my life, needless to say NYC has a special place in my heart. Here are a few picture of our 6 day trip!
  
 



1 comment:

Emily said...

yay!!! happy to see you're back and blogging;) missed ya!