Labels

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pop, St. Pattys Day & Puppies!!!

Its been a BIG few weeks…. 

Happy St Pattys day!! 


I just remembered about 4:30pm tonight that it was St Pattys Day, i know... i know... I must be living under a rock....regardless, better late than never, as they say.  Brandon had to work late tonight, but I knew I had to do something festive and green w my best girl Bella!! So we jumped into the car and raced to Publix and found dinner!! We also found stickers- Bella was pumped to find small enough stickers to have "earrings"!! (see above pic)

The menu: Green Plates. Green Milk. Green Water. Kiwi. Broccoli. Granny Smith Apples. Cheese Spinach Quesadilla. For dessert- Green Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  Oh and we went around the yard searching for clovers and dug them up with a spoon (yah I need to buy a shovel stat) and planted them for our tables center piece! SO MUCH FUN!!





My dear grandfather, Pop, went to be with the Lord on Monday the 8th of March. While its been very hard and surreal to not have him HERE, we are all so grateful that he defied the odds and fought the doctors estimate of  “less than 30 days to live.” A year and a half or so later, he went home to Glory. We, 35 or so Flautts, are so blessed by the 88 or so years of Pops life and the legacy he left and will continue to leave every day… his impact is powerful!!  My dad read me a letter from someone who knew Pop over 40 years ago while working in Nashville together. This man was writing to tell of the impact that Pop had made on his life in opening the window of Christ, with out being pushy or obnoxious. Many years later another man also mentioned the Lord to this man and all the seeds that Pop had planted in this man over 40 years ago came to fruition and he came to the Lord years and years later. He wrote to say how much he appreciated Pop and his influence on his life….. There are so many of these stories about Pops life.
This leads me to wonder and ask- “Am I doing everything I can, for others and for the Lord, to impact lives for years to come?”
Another inspiring moment was at the Visitation- 
I sat with Mimi as scores of friends came to offer their condolences and tell stories of how they knew Pop or what their favorite memory of these love birds of 61 years! One couple who knew Mimi & Pop over 35 years ago, though they haven’t seen them since, they still came to say they were sorry for Mimi’s loss! Wow, how much does that say about the respect people have for Pop and Mimi.... even tho they have seen them in 35 years, they still came! Really neat. How should we live daily in order to leave a Legacy such as this? Miss you Pop and thank you for your example of how to live…. 
It was an HONOR to give Pop the blessing of his 1st great grandchild. This picture is of the 1st moment that he held Bella, and is beyond special to me!


 Also this week involved taking care of my aunt and uncles 2 lil Yorkies! "Toodie & Hoolie"..... A week full of adventures & much snuggling!! You wont hear any complaining from me about those 2 topics! :o) 


oh oh oh ! My fave thing I have cooked all week (besides our St Pattys Day dinner) are "To die for blueberry muffins"! Dont love the name but wow they are the best blueberry muffins I've ever had and I've tried alot of blueberry muffin recipes. 
Let me know how you like them, here's the link! To die for Blueberry Muffins!


More happy stories to come.....



2 comments:

Nathalie said...

I love your new blog design...and I love hearing your heart and reading about what you and bella do together! I love watching your sweet relationship grow!

i went crazy again today said...

that is the most amazing green st patty's day feast!!!! and nutrional!! awesome